Saturday, January 26, 2013

STVO Universe WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Predictions


Hey all, it’s been awhile! I’m hoping to do some more non-wrestling updates throughout the year but I’ve been meaning to update this site for awhile and what way to open up the first update of 2013 with an event such as the Royal Rumble! The start of the Road to WrestleMania!!! The event is this Sunday and I am here to give you my thoughts on whom I want to win and whom I think I’ll win!

Also if you’re in the Chicagoland area, make sure you join a group of friends and me for the Royal Rumble viewing at Chicago City Limits, in Schaumburg, IL.  Check out the Facebook event page for more details!

Now onto the Predictions!

YouTube Pre-Show – United States Championship Match: Antonio Cesaro © vs. The Miz:
This will make a great match.  Personally I think Antonio is a great superstar and has been very impressive with most any superstar her works with and even with the guys who can’t compete to save their lives (Great Khali, Brodus Clay) he saves the matches by showing his impress feats of strength with how he can lift them and hold them.  The Miz, while many people have been complaining about his face turn being weak, I disagree. I think he is fine as a face and has for most part been able to connect with the crowd.  However, I do not like that “Ric Flair has passed the torch” and have considered it unnecessary.  On top of that, Miz’s figure four looks bad.  For the mean time though, that won’t make a difference in this match whether they’re trying to push Miz as a top face or not.  I think right now the WWE sees they have something going very well with Antonio Cesaro and they will have him retain and continue a very strong United States championship reign.  The Miz will have plenty of more time to establish himself as a face.

Who I Want To Win: Anotonio Cesaro      Who I Think Will Win: Antonio Cesaro

Tag-Team Championship Match – Team Hell No © vs. Team Rhodes Scholars:
 
These two teams works very well together I’ll give them that.  If you read my predictions for Team Hell No prior to them becoming champions, I said I was enjoying them.  3-4 months have passed and now things have changed.  I love Kane and Daniel Bryan and they can be funny, but this group has become way overdone in terms of comedy.  At first the tag-team division looks like it was being revitalized, but the lack of the WWE pushing teams like The Usos, The Prime Time Players, the Colons jobbing to Freak the Mighty (Hornswoggle/Great Khali) weekly, and then injuries for individuals such as Tyson Kidd (was he even still in a tag team?), Rey Mysterio, and Sin Cara getting injured, it then just became about Hell No and Rhodes Scholars.  I think it’s time for Hell No to split. They’re just not that funny anymore and they’ve held the titles long enough.  This one can go either way though honestly.  The dreadful Dr. Shelby graduation segment from the previous week on Raw was getting a lot of fan cheers (a few Dr. Shelby chants as well) so maybe WWE would stay convinced to keep them a team. I’m hoping not.  Overall though, I think that WWE wants to give Cody and Damien a run with the titles even if they decide to keep Team Hell No an actual tag-team.

Who I Want To Win: Rhodes Scholars      Who I Think Will Win: Rhodes Scholars

World Heavyweight Championship Match – Last Man Standing Match: Alberto Del Rio © vs. The Big Show:
Overall I’m very “eh” about this match.  It will likely be a decent brawl but it’s the match I’m least interested in on this PPV.  Alberto Del Rio’s face turn started off lame but its kind of growing on me, still has some work to do.  Personally if I were booking, I would have just made this a regular one-on-one as they already did the Last Man Standing match, which resulted in Alberto winning the WHC title.  The past few weeks have done little to convince me that Big Show stood any chance in winning the title.  Take Smackdown last night for example: he got counted out in a three-on-three match with him and Rhodes Scholars taking on ADR/Team Hell No. Yeah Big Show retaliated at the end, but I’m still not convinced.  I guess they just needed to get Big Show’s rematch clause out of the way, that’s fine.  Let’s just get the WHC title chase to WrestleMania more invigorating. And while I doubt it, is it really too much to ask that the WHC title not be the first match to open WrestleMania 29?

Who I Want To Win:  Alberto Del Rio       Who I Think Will Win: Alberto Del Rio

WWE Championship Match – CM Punk © vs. The Rock:
Match of the night, hands down. I trust Punk more on putting on a better match with The Rock than John Cena. It’s very amazing that CM Punk has held the WWE Championship for 400+ days. Never would I have seen this title reign going this long in today’s WWE, it’s definitely one of the best and most interesting things they have going here.  The Shield is banned from ringside and if they get involved, CM Punk will be stripped of the WWE Championship.  While I love this title reign and love to see it go until WrestleMania, I don’t think that the WWE brought in The Rock for this event just to see him lose this match. While there is always a chance that maybe they’ll wait until Elimination Chamber to win the championship, but honestly I think they want to have The Rock look strong going into WrestleMania (for his alleged rematch with John Cena, ugh…)

This is a prediction I wouldn’t mind getting wrong, but here I’m thinking The Great One will “finally” be WWE Champion for the 8th time.  Paul Heyman and/or a few others may try to get involved, but I think Rock will overcome the odds and win the title.

Who I Want To Win: CM Punk      Who I Think Will Win: The Rock

Royal Rumble Match: 
I don’t really have bold predictions here.  Right now I think they are going to get Randy Orton back in to the World Heavyweight Championship scene with this match, possibly as a heel.  It’s been a long time since he’s been a regular in the main event scene and with so many superstars turning face (The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus) they probably could use another heel. Honestly, I’m not too sure though and there’s a very good chance John Cena could win and just challenge The Rock for the WWE Championship in which many of us will refer to as “Once in a Lifetime… PART TWO!!!!” I would like a nice surprise though, maybe Daniel Bryan? Have him lose the tag-titles earlier in the night and then have him go on to WrestleMania as a top face to take on Dolph Ziggler for the WHC? Doubtful but I’d love it.  Below I will post whom I think have good chance at winning, some people I’d like to see win, and a few surprise entrants, I’d like to see. I’m going to start off by listing the confirmed entrants.

Confirmed Participants: John Cena, Sheamus, Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre, Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, The Miz, Ryback, NXT Superstar TBD, Daniel Bryan, Kane, The Great Khali, Kofi Kingston, Titus O’Neil, Darren Young, and 2 mystery entrants confirmed from the dirt sheets (won’t reveal here, you can find on NoDQ, Bleacher Report, and many other websites, lol.)

With that said we have about 20 confirmed participants.

My 5 Picks for Royal Rumble Winners (Ordered from Most to Least Likely):

1.     Randy Orton
2.     John Cena
3.     Sheamus
4.     Dolph Ziggler
5.     CM Punk

5 Guys I’d Like To See Win (Most Want to Least Want):
1.     Daniel Bryan
2.     Wade Barrett
3.     Dolph Ziggler (Goal to Become Undisputed Champion at WrestleMania 29)
4.     Kofi Kingston
5.     Brock Lesnar

5 Surprise Entrants I’d Like To See (No Order):
1.     Ken Shamrock
2.     Gangrel
3.     MVP
4.     Shelton Benjamin
5.     Man Mountain Rock (For Shits and Giggles)

That is it for my Rumble Predictions! Look for more STVO Universe updates soon! In the meantime, make sure to like the STVO Universe Page on Facebook and subscribe to The STVOUniverse YouTube page!

Thank you for reading!!!

(All Images Courtesy of WWE.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment